Wednesday, February 8th, 2023
Location: Morgan’s Restaurant
In attendance: Paul Forbing, William Bourhill, Steve McMurray, Monica Hadsall, Kailey Till
Call to order: 7:27 by Paul, seconded by Monica.
- Approval of Meeting Minutes:
- October 17th, 2022– approved by Paul, seconded by Monica.
- Ongoing Business:
- Public Works: replied within 24 hours of Paul asking about the lighting. Waiting for a definite reply on whether they are going to take over the cost of lighting the monument.
- Insurance Review: has Dean’s address on document to cancel insurance, Paul is asking agent to change the address before he signs off on the cancellation. FYI- was a Commercial General Liability for general liability and Directors & Officers coverage with no property coverage.
- Roadmap 2023:
- New Bylaws to make association voluntary rather than mandatory: First draft will be prepared at next meeting (date & location TBD).
- Facebook: still considering new Facebook page and shutting down the current one (and remaining “HOA Opposition” page).
- Website: New program that designs websites specifically for HOAs. Currently using WordPress, which can be challenging to navigate and edit. gogladly.com is a possibility.
- Taxes: Monica filled out 1120-H for 2022 taxes, will be signed and mailed by Monica ASAP after approval by Board (given tonight).
- Budget: $0 budget, will revisit after answering other questions (i.e., exemption by organization). Will have a virtual webinar/meeting to vote on budget.
- Neighborhood Improvement Grants:
- Sidewalks: Talking about using grant money for sidewalk repairs throughout the Village, especially where the sidewalks are more like stairs.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 8:45pm by Will, seconded by Monica.