City of Fort Wayne Fall Leaf Collection
Indian Village Neighborhood is in the “Central” Fort Wayne leaf collection area.
Second round pickup December 12-16
– Rake leaves to the area of your lawn closest to the curb or park strip, NOT IN THE STREET, by 7am on Dec. 12.
– Keep storm drains clear.
– Do not burn leaves or put them in your trash bins.
– Do not allow children to play in leaf piles near the street.
– The city will provide daily leaf collection updates before 3:00 p.m. at cityoffortwayne.org/leaves.
– The daily updates will include what neighborhood the crews will be working in the following day.
– A collection map and guidelines for the process will also be located on the web page.
– Additionally, residents have the option to call 260-427-2603 to hear recorded daily updates.
– You may also bag your leaves in biodegradable paper bags, then call 311 to schedule pickup.
– Consider keeping your leaves in your gardens for mulch, or pile in a back corner of your property for fireflies, luna moths, and other beneficial insects to survive over winter.
Click here for more information from the City of Fort Wayne.
Santa’s Waynedale Trolley Tour
Saturday, December 24
Santa will be driving through the following neighborhoods on December 24 (at the approximate times):
– Indian Village (1pm);
– Sand Point & Belle Vista (1:20pm),
– Old Trail (1:35pm),
– Southwest Waynedale (1:50pm),
– Avalon (2:30pm),
– Lake Shores West & Lakewood (2:50pm),
– Lakeshores East & Winterset (3:15pm).
Click here for a map and times of Santa’s route.
Click here for the Facebook Event.
Blue Jacket’s Fantasy of Lights
Through December 31
Sunday-Thursday 5:30-9pm, Friday-Saturday 5:30-10pm
$10 per Car
$20 per 15-passenger van
$40 per bus/trolley
Proceeds of the event support adults with barriers earn a chance at gainful employment.
Click here for the Facebook page.
Click here for the website.
Additional local events close to our neighborhood may be found at Waynedale.com or on the Waynedale News website, if available.
If you are looking for things to do, we encourage you to support local businesses. There are a number of fantastic restaurants, galleries, entertainment venues, and more in our area.
Please let us know if you have suggestions for events to include next month!